Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Generic You

I often say “You” when I write in this. Sometimes it refers to a specific idea (such as in the post “You. . .”), but the majority of the time, the word “You” in my ramblings is a generic term. I literally mean “You” when I write it. I am not writing to any specific person when I write, I am writing to each and every person who reads this. So, when reading this, know that I am speaking directly to you, the reader. The person currently reading these words. The person looking at a screen and for some reason reading the rantings of a madman.

Wait you might say to yourself. He said he loved me. He said that I saved him. I do, and you did. Whether I know you or not, whether I have held you in my arms, kissed you, spurned you, ignored you, or seemed to hate you, the truth is, I love you. I love you because we are connected. Connected by something integral to our existence. We are all part of this universe. More than that, we are part of this Earth. Even more, we are both humans. Of all the creatures on this small spinning globe, we are two members of the same species that makes up an infinitesimal portion of the life on it. We are more alike than we are different, and there is nothing that can change that.

Just like nothing can change the fact that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment