Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Monday

Good Morning (or if it isn't, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, or Good Night),

I love you. There, I said it. Stop looking around. I didn't tag anyone, because this is for everyone - that includes you. I purposefully did not post this on Valentine's Day because I think it is ridiculous that society feels a need to set aside a day for something that should be expressed as often as breathing. With my every breath, I love you.

Whether I know you or not, whether I have held you in my arms, kissed you, spurned you, ignored you, or seemed to hate you, the truth is, I love you. I don't care if our political or religious views clash; I love you. It doesn't matter what has happened or will happen between us; I love you. Whether the words we may have or may one day share are full of laughter or sharpened like knives, I love you now and will love you still.

I love you because we are connected. Connected by something integral to our existence. We are all part of this universe. More than that, we are part of this tiny speck of space dust we call Earth. Even more, we are both humans. Of all the creatures on this small spinning globe in the vastness of the universe, we are two members of the same species that makes up an infinitesimal portion of the life on it. We are more alike than we are different, and there is nothing that can change that - just like there is nothing that can change the fact that I love you.

So if ever you feel unloved, if ever the universe seems to be crashing down around you, read this. As you do, reach out and touch the screen, and know that as you do, I am reaching out through time and space to touch my screen back. There, on either side of the thin screens, our hands will be pressed as if a mere pane of glass separates us. Through that thin pane, feel my love and know that someone somewhere will always love you for exactly who and what you are.

Love,
George

PS - Yes, I know I cribbed off of myself and repeated some earlier posts of mine, but this was originally a Facebook note. I'm fairly certain that most of my Facebook friends don't read this blog, and I may love you, but I'm far too lazy to rewrite this to keep from repeating myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment